After the 10th Board exam, the biggest question hits the mind of is “now what”? The dilemma is confusion between which stream to choose and which to leave and how? This is so important as it can both make as well as spoil your career.
Yes, many questions continuously pinch the mind. These are the questions that may haunt and trace you all your life. “What after that?” will constantly be part of your life. Generally, the students without career ambition face this situation most stressful.
Be specific with Your Idea
There needs to be a clear-cut set of an idea to smoothly deal with the crucial two years of 11th and 12th and reach out to college life. From college life the career is quite visible however twists and turns are part of every life’s story. Without in-depth knowledge about what one is preceding to may lead him to an unwanted situation. This phase is important and misinformation and makes it end up making the wrong decision.
It is ok if you have already decided upon the stream and it is also okay if you haven’t because, we are here with some tips that will help you do so:
Well, if you haven’t chosen the stream? Then congrats you haven’t locked your ideas and ready to unveil the field with us and know more.
Options are available after the 10th? A decade back we found that the option was about choosing math or Biology. But this isn’t the case anymore. There are several options and choices for your futuristic career. Just we need to find which course tally with our aspirations.
Mainstream Courses after 10th:
Science stream in 11th and 12th class
1. Physical Science Subjects – Physics, Chemistry
2. Biological Science Subjects – Biology, Biotechnology, Agriculture, Food Science, Sports, Exercise & Health Science, etc.
3. Mathematical Science Subjects – Mathematics, Statistics
4. Other Science Subjects – Computer Science, Marine Science, Engineering Graphics, Informatics Practice, Electricity & Electronics, Engineering Science, Environmental Science, Geometrical & Building Drawing, Geometrical & Mechanical Drawing, Design Technology, Environmental Management, Home Science, etc.
5. Social Science Subjects – Economics
If you want you can opt to keep a Career-oriented subject like – Information Technology, Information & Communication Technology, Multimedia & Web Technology, Fashion Design, Media Studies, Travel & Tourism, etc.
Arts and Humanities stream in 11th and 12th class
1. Elective Indian Languages like Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Punjabi, Bengali, Odia, Tamil, Assamese, Urdu, Kashmiri, Manipuri, Mizo, Sanskrit, Nepali, Bodo, etc.
2. Elective Foreign Languages like English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Korean, Persian, Arabic, Portuguese, etc.
3. Arts and humanities subjects like– Psychology, Economics, Geography, Sociology, History, Philosophy, Pol Global Politics, Social and Cultural Anthropology, Home Science, etc.
4. Career-oriented subjects like – Computer Studies, Information Technology, Information & Communication Technology, Multimedia & Web Technology, Fashion Studies/ Fashion Design, Media Studies, Travel & Tourism, etc.
5. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science – some boards let you keep a Science subject along with other arts and humanities subjects
6. Fine art and performing art subjects like – Fine Art, Visual Art, Dance, Music, Film, Theatre, Carnatic Music, Hindustani Music, Western Music, etc.
7. The subject of religion like – Hinduism, Divinity, Islamic Study, etc.
Commerce / Business stream courses after 10th
1. Commerce and Business subjects like – Accountancy, Business Studies, Commerce, Economics, Economic Geography, Secretarial Practice, Entrepreneurship, etc.
2. Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science – some boards let you keep a Science subject along with other commerce subjects.
3. Career-oriented subjects like – you may keep a subject Information Technology, Information & Communication Technology, Fashion Studies/ Fashion Design, Media Studies, Travel & Tourism, etc. along with your other Commerce and Business subjects.
Vocational stream in 11th and 12th class
After 10th, several boards offer vocational streams in class 11th and 12th to help you prepare for a job immediately after the completion of class 12th.
1. Air-conditioning and Refrigeration
2. Auto Shop Repair and Practice
3. Banking and Insurance
4. Business Administration
5. Business Operations and Administration
6. Capital Market Operations
7. Cost Accounting Creche and Pre-school Management
8. Database Management Applications
9. Fashion Design and Garment Technology
10. Financial Accounting
11. Financial Market Management
12. Food and Beverage Services
13. Food Nutrition and Dietetics
14. Music Production
15. Office Procedures and Practice
17. Stenography and Computer Application
19. Telecommunication & Electronic Technician
20. Textile Design
21. Transport Systems and Logistics Management
22. Travel and Tourism
Vocational Education Options after 10th
Do you want to leave school and instead opt for vocational training? Are you looking for career options after the 10th? Read about after 10th courses listed below and understand which ones could be the right for you:
Polytechnic diploma courses after 10th are:
1. Computer Engineering
2. Cyber Forensics & Information Security
3. Digital Electronics
4. Applied Electronics & Instrumentation
5. Electrical & Electronics
7. 3-D Animation & Graphics
8. Apparel Design & Fashion Technology
9. Chemical Technology
10. Civil Engineering
11. Civil Engineering (Environmental)
12. Food Processing, etc
ITI Certificate Courses after 10th (technical)
If you have studied Science and Mathematics in class 9 and 10, then you can enroll for an ITI Trade course in any of the following technical trades and obtain a certificate (2-year duration). ITI Certificate course is considered the best course after the 10th.
1. Computer Hardware & Network Maintenance
2. Draughtsman (Civil)
4. Electronic Mechanic
5. Mechanic (Refrigeration and Air-Conditioner)
6. Mechanic (Auto Electricals & Electronics), etc
ITI Certificate Courses (non-technical)
1. Baker & Confectioner
2. Computer Operator & Programming Assistant
3. Food & Beverage Services
4. Food Production
5. Hair & Skin Care
6. Housekeeper, etc
Diploma Courses in Vocational Training
A degree in vocational training is considered to be the best course after the 10th.
1. Software Development
2. Graphics & Multimedia
3. Travel & Tourism
4. Refrigeration & Air-Conditioning
6. Medical Imaging
Skill Training Programs and after 10th courses
2. Beauty Therapist
3. Food processing
4. Gems & Jewellery
6. Mobile Phone Technician
The solution among the ultimate solutions:
1. Self Awareness – Be aware and open up your consciousness because it is the most important factor. Here you need to identify your interest, aptitude, and skill you have. Adequate attention must be given to your interests and aptitude.
2. Detail about the stream – First, go through the streams and then introspect the fields. Every minute details matter like the subject, difficulty level, competition, job prospect, etc. Making a list of professional courses will help you get an idea about a career associated with the stream.
3. Go for a counselor if necessary – It is essential to remove all types of confusion about choosing a suitable stream. One can attend career guidance seminars and educational fairs. They conduct tests through which they tell about the suitable stream according to personality and potential.
4. Don’t be the sheep in the herd – Never try to imitate what peers are doing. Everyone has their personality and choices. Don’t get influenced and end up taking a stream that does not interest you. Think wisely and then choose. Never follow the crowd.
5. Discussion with teachers and elders – Take guidance from the reliable people. Your close ones know your strength and weakness and can help you out to figure the stream. However, the decision should be solely yours and not theirs. You should take suggestions but the decision should be yours.
Different parameters must be checked out before finalizing the stream. The foremost idea is knowing the strength and then choosing accordingly. The right choices will make a significant improvement in one’s career path. The right step is everything.