In a bid to talk and strengthen the relationships with grandparents, Prime Minister, Narendra Modi on Sunday asked children to interview their grandparents and share the video with him. Medical experts have always insisted on “to talk”, as it is one of the important ways to tackle mental pressure and loneliness.
That apart, it will also help the young kids to know more about their grandparents, their stories, their favorite time pass and many more. It is always exciting for the young generation to talk about numerous aspects and get to know the vast differences among the generation.
Participate in GYV’s Smells Of Childhood and get featured on our website
We at The Global Youth Voice have also decided to feature the best interview videos on our website to encourage more and more children to talk to their grandparents and let them feel included again.
How to participate?
Make the video, and send it to our WhatsApp numbers.
+91 96933 57505
+91 62993 89426
Don’t forget to use the hashtags #SmellsOfChildhood #GYV
Clueless? Confused on how to make a good video? What to ask?
You need not worry. From suggesting different questions to how to record a good video without all the technical stuffs, we will guide you all along.
Questions you may ask to know more about them
*Where were you born?
*What was your house like as a child?
*Did you have a favorite toy as a child?
*We are called naughty….did you do the same kind of things that we do today …..were you also naughty ?
*Is our childhood different from yours?
*Whom did you like to play a prank on ?
*Who was your ideal…someone who inspired you the most and you wanted to be like that person….someone who created the deepest impact on your growing up ?
*What is the most important lesson that your parents taught you?
*How you used to go to your school?
*We have mobiles and games, how you used to play? Tell us about the games you used to play?
*What is your favorite thing about being a grandparent?
However, there may be thousands of questions but obviously we cannot add that in here.
Tips to make a good video
1. Hold the camera steady or use any pen stand or similar thing to keep the camera or mobile steady so that that it should not disturb the video.
2. All person to be featured in the video should face light source so that their face is visible clearly.
3. Do not talk together, wait for the other person to stop before you begin to speak.
4. Maintain pin drop silence so that the voice is audible without any extension mic.
5. If any person is sitting in front of a window, make sure that curtains are there so that no anti-light disturbs the light balance in the video.
6. Don’t use auto-focus, disable it before you begin.
7. If possible, use the grid based camera feature and always place the subject in the center.
8. Use plenty of light.