The University of Mumbai is a collegiate public state university which was formerly known as the University of Bombay in Mumbai, Maharashtra. It was established in 1857. The university offers Bachelors, Masters and Doctoral degree courses as well as Diplomas and Certificates courses in many disciplines. These disciplines are Arts, Commerce, Science, Medical and Engineering. The language of instruction at the University of Mumbai for most courses is English. The university has two campuses in Mumbai Kalina and another one in suburban Mumbai.
NAAC accredited the University of Mumbai with ‘A’ grade. The university has 56 departments and more than 781 affiliated colleges, which have been recognized by the Mumbai University. The admission for B.Tech, M.Tech and MBBS programs at privately-owned colleges are conducted through JEE, Main and NEET exams. While, law faculty of the University of Mumbai conducts MUCLET test for LLB and LLM courses.
Check out the University’s website here https://mu.ac.in/admission
The University of Mumbai offers many undergraduate programs like B.A, B.Sc, B.Com, BFA, B.Ed, B.P.Ed, BMM, BPA and BSW. The admission to all these courses is on the basis of the entrance exam. The university is the regulating body for the entrance exam or preliminary test by the Institute concerned. It offers five years B.Arch Program and four years B.E/B.Tech programs in many streams. Selection is on the basis of National and State Level exams. While admission to B.Tech/B.E is based on MHT CET and for B. Arch through NATA and for B.Pharm MHT CET exam.
The university conducts All India Merit Rank of Mumbai University Common Management Entrance test (MUCET) to take BMS – MBA admission. Admissions to PG courses is done on the basis of graduation marks & interview conducted by the concerned department. Furthermore for admission in M.E and M.Tech the DTE Maharashtra uses GATE scores. However, M. Pharma admission is on the basis of MHT MPH CET or GPAT exam.
The university offers MCA, two years M.Sc and five years Integrated M.Sc programs in various streams. Admission in MCA is through MAH MCA CET, for Integrated M.Sc through NEST test. While for M.Sc it is on the basis of academic merit. The university department conducts written test and interview to select candidates to M.Phil program.
The university conducts PhD PET exams for the admission to PhD programs in Commerce, Law, Arts, Technology and Science.
Except for the central government-run scholarship schemes, the university offers several scholarships. These include Mane Satkar Scholarship, Dr R.V Bhagwat Prize, Late Rao Saheb Vishwanath Narayan Mandlik Prize and Sir Lawrence Jenkins Scholarship.
* Diploma – To enroll for Diploma courses candidates must have passed class 12. The total fees for 1st year is approx – Rs 44,898
* MA – To get admission in MA candidates must have completed graduation. The approx amount of fees for 1st year is Rs 34,405
* P.G Diploma – To get admission in P.G Diploma program candidates must have completed graduation. The total fees for the 1st year is approx Rs 8,000.
* Certification – To get admission in certificate courses candidates must have passed class 12. Total fees for 1st year is approx Rs 5,000.
* M.Phil – To get admission in M.Phil candidates must have completed post-graduation. Total fees for 1st year is approx Rs 16,415.
* M.Sc – To get admission in M.Sc Candida must have passed graduation. The total fees of 1st year is approx Rs 21,720
* PhD – To enrol for PhD courses candidates must be post-graduate. The total amount of fee for the 1st year is approx Rs 21,720.
The university ranks at 801 -1000 position internationally in QS World University Rankings 2020, 177 in Asia in 2020 and 89 among BRICS Nations in 2019.
The National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF) ranked the University of Mumbai at 65th among Universities in India in 2020.
Wish to explore more Universities? Continue reading here https://www.globalyouthvoice.com/want-to-study-at-allahabad-university-click-here-to-know/